Reporters, editors & radio/TV producers:
Look to the leader who “cracked the code” on small-business branding
Bio: Patrice Rhoades-Baum, Marketing & Branding Consultant | Expert Copywriter
Patrice Rhoades-Baum believes small business owners must get clear about their brand, because it’s the foundation of how they talk about their business – and grow their business. A seasoned marketing consultant and expert copywriter, Patrice specializes in small business branding.
What is a brand? Unlike myriad branding professionals worldwide, Patrice believes it’s simple! In her words, a clear brand quickly communicates:
- Who you are
- What you do
- What they get (the benefits and results your customers receive)
Patrice developed her Nail Your Brand!™ system while rebranding her own business many years ago. Since then, she has consulted with hundreds of business owners and marketing managers in a wide variety of industries, including high-tech.
Using her laser-focused, keep-it-simple approach, Patrice teams with business owners to first clarify their brand, then facilitates the design and development of their marketing toolkit: website, company brochure (or speaker one-sheet), social media profiles, and so forth. With an on-target brand as the foundation, all marketing tools are clear, consistent, and compelling, both in content and design. Now, companies have the marketing tools they need to promote and grow their business.
Prior to launching her consulting business in 2005, Patrice’s experience included 25 years of high-tech corporate marketing. She has managed big-budget advertising campaigns, direct-mail programs, and $100,000 tradeshow events. As project manager, Patrice has led the development of numerous websites, including two Hewlett-Packard websites, each with a budget exceeding $250,000. An expert copywriter, Patrice has been published in Fortune magazine.
Patrice and her husband Michael Baum, a full-time professional artist, live in Manitou Springs, Colorado, with their hiking dog Jake and the office supervisor Cosmo Cat. Avid hikers, Patrice, Mike, and Jake enjoy snowshoeing, backpacking, and exploring the West. (Cosmo Cat prefers to stay home, warm and dry!)
Highlights: Patrice Rhoades-Baum’s business experience, professional memberships, awards, and education
- Creator of the Nail Your Brand!™ system for small-business branding
- Over 35 years of marketing experience, including 25 years of high-tech corporate marketing, primarily as Marketing Communications Manager
- An expert copywriter, published a technical case study in Fortune magazine
- Has written, edited, and published numerous articles, brochures, newsletters, press releases, and technical white papers
- Project manager and copywriter for dozens of corporate websites including 2 Hewlett-Packard websites, both with budgets exceeding $250,000
- Marketing manager for big-budget advertising campaigns, direct-mail programs, and $100,000 tradeshow events
- Member, National Speakers Association and NSA-Colorado chapter
- Member, Global Speakers Federation
- Facilitator, NSA-Colorado Board Retreat, April 2014
- Awarded NSA-Colorado’s “President’s Award” and “Sabah Award”
- Board member, NSA-Colorado chapter: Vice President of Operations/Secretary, 2015-2016
- NSA-Colorado chapter volunteer: 2 years as Programming Director, with record-breaking programs exceeding 100 attendees, and several years on the Marketing Committee
- International Association of Business Communicators: Chapter President (and other leadership positions) and District Conference Manager; recipient of the IABC District 5 Member of the Year Award and Chapter Member of the Year Award
- Certified PAAC Scholar, Colorado Archaeological Society
- Over a decade of volunteer positions with the Pikes Peak Chapter/Colorado Archaeological Society; recipient of Chapter Achievement Award
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, University of South Dakota, with a minor in English
- Married to professional artist Michael Baum for 30+ years; see his paintings at www.MichaelBaum.com
- Avid hiker and backpacker; summited her first 14er (14,000-foot peak) only 9 months after hip-replacement surgery